Will you make a difference?
HINARI Programme for Access to Research in Health provides free or very low cost online access to the major journals in biomedical and related social sciences to local, not-for-profit institutions in developing countries.
Contributions are welcome to support the goals of HINARI.
In 2014, with help from:
- Contributors like you
- Partner organizations
- Aid agencies
- And innumerable volunteers who give of their time, energies, and enthusiasm
We were able to:
- Conduct 23 training workshops in 13 countries; and 1 distance course in Spanish
- Completely revise our training website with simplified and clarified materials and presentations. This also involved the updating of 35 training modules
- Distribute 45 CD versions of the HINARI User Training Video Series
- Revise our technology with new authentication options
- Highlight the importance of librarians in the research cycle
And generally help more than 5700 institutions in 115 countries, areas, and territories gain access to up to 46,000 medically-related information resources.
Contributing to HINARI
Your generous donation will also enable us to do outreach to smaller institutions and to analyze the evidence of the impact of information use.
Your contribution provides more people with the knowledge that helps them make the decisions that are so vital for improving health.
"Thank you for the service if you only knew your contribution to knowledge among doctors in the developing world you would celebrate". (Uganda)
HINARI is not just about information, it is also about people. Your contribution lets us nurture and encourage these people, building capacity for positive change in developing countries.
For details about how to contribute:
send an email inquiry to: GivetoRforL@who.int
Contributions to the World Health Organization (WHO) in support of HINARI are not eligible for tax deductibility. We cannot accept anonymous contributions, nor contributions from tobacco companies or their subsidiaries.
Other ways to help
You can also support HINARI's work by spreading the word: let others know of the value HINARI can bring to local institutions in developing countries. You have heard of us, but have all your colleagues? Telling them about HINARI helps us reach out to more people.