What is AMDS?
The AMDS is a network of technical partners that work to support countries for their procurement and supply management of HIV commodities. Partners of the AMDS include NGOs, faith-based organizations, private companies, UN organizations and other technical agencies operating in developing countries. AMDS is a team in the WHO HIV/AIDS Department
The AMDS operates as a clearing house, collecting and disseminating strategic information. Prices, availability and regulatory status of anti-retroviral medicines, technical information of HIV diagnostics and condoms, are made available to those who need them through the AMDS website and by other means of communication. The AMDS partners support commodity security for HIV/AIDS, and support collaboration on supply management in developing countries.
- To ensure that supply of quality commodities is never an obstacle to achieve Universal Access;
- To strengthen country's capacity to sustain un interrupted supply of commodities for prevention , treatment and care of HIV/AIDS.
- Maximize country's access to key HIV commodities;
- Increase collaboration and coordination between partner organizations and national stakeholders for technical support for countries in need (AMDS country action); and
- Operates a clearing house for global level strategic information on HIV commodities.
HIV/AIDS Department - AMDS team
World Health Organization
20, Avenue Appia
1211 Geneva, 27 Switzerland