Capacity building workshop: Kenya, Nairobi
Capacity building in the development of a Procurement and Supply Management (PSM) Plan for the Global Fund for AIDS, TB and Malaria (GFATM)
The following countries have been selected by the GFATM Secretariat based on the need for technical assistance and capacity building:
- Sierra Leone
The participants from these countries should meet the following criteria:
- A Principal Recipient (PR) representative who has the responsibility of writing the Procurement and Supply Management (PSM) plan for the GFATM.
- His national counterpart who is directly involved in the writing of the PSM Plan for the GFATM.
It is proposed that IDA-Solutions take the responsibility of coordinating the capacity building process. The extent of this responsibility will depend on the involvement of other partners. This would include:
- The development of the training package1 which would be a combination of existing modules available from AMDS partners, additional contents specific to HIV and case studies (including examples taken from existing PSM Plans);
- Mentoring process coordination.2 IDA-Solutions will, with the AMDS secretariat, and in consultation with the AMDS partners, identify the PSM mentoring experts (who should have specific experience with PSM plan evaluation, ideally for the GFATM);
- Technical coordination of the workshop
- Administration and logistics of the workshop
WHO and GFATM will take the responsibility for participant identification and their travel arrangements.
The Ecumenical Pharmaceutical Network (EPN) and the Centre for Drug Management and Policy (CEDMAP) will host this workshop.
Other AMDS partners will be invited through the AMDS secretariat to comment on this process and contribute materials, expert time and funds as required.
1The prepared training modules will be publicized through the web-sites of their originator institution and that of the AMDS, and if possible, be made available in the public domain through a more extensive public "library" of PSM training and capacity building materials. AMDS partners might wish to use materials developed by partners for their own trainings, but this would also contribute to the development of a consensus about the content of capacity building for PSM of HIV- related commodities.
2The mentors/workshop facilitators will be expected to provide limited backstopping and technical assistance following the workshop to support workshop participants in any final work to be done back in country prior to the submission of the PSM Plan to the GFATM, and addressing any queries by the GFATM following submission of the Plan.