WHO new guidance recommends shorter, safer, more effective treatments to manage cryptococcal meningitis
Prevent-Screen-Treat: cryptococcal meningitis is a leading cause of death among people with HIV in Africa
World AIDS Day 2016 set of infographics includes:
- In Africa less than 20% of girls between 15-19 years of age are aware of their HIV status
- People who are at higher risk of HIV are less likely to be tested
- Up to 70% of the partners of people living with HIV maybe HIV positive but are unaware
World AIDS Day 2015 set of infographics includes:
- Fast-track now to end AIDS within a generation
- Targets have been set to speed up the HIV response
- Change happens when countries take ownership, improve prevention and treatment programmes
2015 Strategic information guidelines infographic:
The new consolidated guidelines recommend the use of 10 global indicators to collect information along the cascade of HIV care and treatment as a principal way to track epidemics and responses.
2013 Consolidated antiretroviral guidelines set of infographics includes:
- Progress: 4.2 million lives saved through ART scale up
- Access: New guidelines increase ART eligibility to up to 25.9 million people
- Impact: 2013 WHO ARV guidelines can decrease new infections and deaths.