HIV/AIDS prevention, treatment and care in the health sector
Produced by the World Health Organization, Priority interventions: HIV/AIDS prevention, treatment and care in the health sector is the definitive 'one-stop shop' designed to help countries, donors and other stakeholders expand and improve their response to one of the greatest health-care challenges of our time.
It includes everything from how to expand condom programming to the latest in treatment recommendations, guidelines and standards. Priority interventions is designed to be a 'living' web-based document that will be periodically updated with new recommendations based on the rapidly-evolving experience of health-sector scale up.
WHO press conference
Tuesday, 5 August: 11:00 a.m.
Press Conference Room 2, Media Centre, Hall A
Key message: A "one-stop" package describing priority interventions for a health sector response to HIV/AIDS
- Dr Hiroki Nakatani, Assistant Director-General, HIV/AIDS, Tuberculosis, Malaria and Neglected Tropical Diseases, WHO
- Dr Teguest Guerma, Associate Director, HIV/AIDS Department, WHO
- Hon. Tony Clement, Minister of Health, Canada
- Hon. Teodros Adhanom, Minister of Health, Ethiopia
- Mr Mark Harrington, Director, Treatment Action Group (TAG)