Report on a Workshop on HIV, AIDS and STI in WPRO (1999)
Manila, Philippines, 21 – 25 June 1999
The general objective of the workshop was to strengthen HIV, AIDS and STI surveillance in the Western Pacific Region.
At the end of the workshop, participants would have:
- identified strengths and weaknesses of existing surveillance systems;
- finalized operational guidelines for HIV, AIDS and STI surveillance in the Region;
- defined regional standards, indicators and targets HIV, AIDS and STI surveillance;
- reviewed methodologies and instruments for the flow and use of epidemiological data at national and regional level; and
- finalized a report on the status and trends of HIV, AIDS and STI.