Category 2: Planning and design
The planning and design process
The planning and design process involves several stages as outlined below:
- deciding on the planning process, who should be involved and how to make it participatory, for example, by establishing committees, organizing consultation meetings, developing peer networks;
- creating a intervention plan and proposal and determining how the intervention can be implemented, what components are required, who should be involved, what resources are necessary, what resources are available and how the intervention can be managed;
- deciding how the intervention will be monitored and evaluated;
- drawing up a budget and work plan;
- identifying potential partners if appropriate and establishing alliances;
- obtaining funding.
Manual tips tricks and models of good practice for service providers
This Manual compiles models of good practice and gathers practical oriented key issues like starting activities, methods and services, training, networking and data collection.