Strategic plan research activities
- The Network will identify and engage research institutions in developing countries currently working on and interested in HWTS.
- The Network will identify critical knowledge gaps and coordinate a common research agenda
- WHO will convene an expert panel to develop a set of criteria for establishing an evidence base for existing and new HWTS. interventions.
- The Network will develop and evaluate according to WHO criteria HWTS interventions in order to develop the evidence base.
- The Network will conduct research and report results in peer-reviewed publications. The Network will invest, encourage investment and leverage resources for research and development of appropriate interventions.
- The Network will develop and evaluate business models for the local level that focus on community-based programs and emphasize maximizing social capital and improving access and affordability for the poor.
- The Network will develop innovative approaches to environmental health that combine HWTS with other hygiene and sanitation measures and promote the integration with broader child health and nutrition and other programs.