External evaluation 2007
An external evaluation of the Special Programme covering the period 2003–2007 was conducted by Management Sciences for Health (MSH) and the Swiss Centre for International Health (SCIH) of the Swiss Tropical Institute. The evaluation focused on the contribution of the Special Programme to public goods, demonstrating the impact of selected examples of research output on programmes and on meeting the Millennium Development Goals. Additionally, the evaluation reviewed HRP's governance process, management, administration and efficiency.
- Follow-up on governance, management, administration and efficiency
- Knowledge synthesis and transfer
- Impact of HRP research in maternal and perinatal care: a case-study
- Impact of HRP research in medical (non-surgical) induced abortion
- Long-term safety and effectiveness of copper-releasing IUDs
- Improving the safety and effectiveness of contraception in China: a case-study in promotion and improvement of family planning