In a closely interdependent world, global partnerships are essential to the successful implementation of the IHR. Partnership is required between all countries to share technical skills and resources, to support capacity strengthening at all levels, to support each other in times of crisis and promote transparency.
Partnership between different sectors (e.g. health, agriculture, travel, trade, education, defence) is also essential to build coherent alert and response systems which cover all public health threats, and, at the time of events, are able to rapidly mobilize the required resources in a flexible and responsive way.
- International Atomic Energy Agency
- International Air Transport Association
- International Civil Aviation Organization
- International Labour Organization
- International Maritime Organization
- Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations
- World Organisation for Animal Health
- World Tourism Organization