Summary of 2011 States Parties report on IHR core capacity implementation
This report presents progress made in States Parties in 2011 towards implementation of the International Health Regulations. It is the result of a monitoring process that aims to
- enable States Parties to assess the status of core capacity development;
- help States Parties to identify progress in developing core capacity and where improvements are needed;
- provide information for strategic evidence-based programme planning and improvement, feedback and recommendations for decision-making;
- provide WHO with annual information on the status of IHR implementation; and
- demonstrate at both country level and to external stakeholders if desirable (e.g. international donors and development agencies) that the country is meeting the IHR core capacity requirements.
The objectives of the report with respect to WHO are to identify areas that require WHO and partner support and to enable WHO to report on States Parties' progress on IHR implementation.