Laboratory Quality Management System (LQMS) training toolkit
16 - Documents and records
The purpose of this module is to provide the participants with information for managing documents and records.
At the end of this module, participants will be able to:
- explain the difference between documents and records;
- describe the hierarchy of documents and the role of each level;
- outline the content that should be included in a standard operating procedure;
- explain the important steps, or elements, of a laboratory document management system;
- outline the contents of a quality manual;
- describe methods and tools to properly store documents and records.