Laboratory Quality Management System (LQMS) training toolkit
2 - Facilities and safety
The purpose of this module is to provide the participants with information that contributes to quality laboratory practices and a safe working environment.
At the end of this module, participants will be able to:
- relate how facility design impacts the efficiency and safety of laboratory workers;
- describe practices to prevent or reduce risks;
- list personal protective equipment (PPE) that should be used routinely by laboratory workers;
- explain general safety requirements for the laboratory;
- describe steps to take in response to emergencies such as biological or chemical spills, or laboratory fires.
Content sheet 2-1: Facilities and safety overview
Annex 2-A: Topics covered in ISO 15190: 2003 / Medical laboratories – Particular requirements for safety