Laboratory Quality Management System (LQMS) training toolkit
14 - Occurrence management
The purpose of this module is to provide the participants with both the rationale and the process for developing a program for monitoring and improving occurrence management.
At the end of this module, participants will be able to:
- define the term “occurrence”;
- describe the essential quality monitoring tools;
- differentiate among preventive action, remedial action, and corrective action;
- describe the relationships between preventive action and risk management practices;
- define and describe root cause analysis.
Content sheet 14-1: Overview of occurrence management
Annex 14-A: Occurrence management form example