Laboratory Quality Management System (LQMS) training toolkit
7 - Process control - Quantitative quality control
This module explains how quality control methods are applied to quantitative laboratory examinations, and how to organize a quality control program for quantitative tests.
At the end of this module, participants will be able to:
- differentiate accuracy and precision;
- select control material for a specified examination method;
- establish acceptable control limits for a method when only one level of control material is available;
- explain the use of a Levey-Jennings chart;
- give two examples of rule violations using Westgard Multirule System;
- describe how to correct “out of control” problems.
Content sheet 7-1: Overview of quality control for quantitative tests
Annex : Calculation of mean and standard deviation