Laboratory Quality Management System (LQMS) training toolkit
5 - Process control - Sample management
The purpose of this module is to present information that will help participants develop a system for managing samples from the time of collection to the final storage or disposal, in a manner that will ensure sample integrity.
At the end of this module, participants will be able to:
- name sample collection errors that could lead to incorrect laboratory examination results;
- list contents that should be included in a handbook designed for people who collect samples off-site;
- provide a rationale for rejecting unsatisfactory samples;
- describe a system for sample handling, including collection, transport, storage, and disposal;
- explain the importance of maintaining sample integrity and assuring that all regulations and requirements are met when transporting samples.