Vitamin A supplementation
References and related links
- Imdad A. et al. Vitamin A supplementation for preventing morbidity and mortality in children from 6 months to 5 years of age. Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews, 2010, (12):CD008524.
- Integration of vitamin A supplementation with immunization. Weekly Epidemiological Record, 1999, 74: 1–6.
- Gorstein, J, et. al. Safety and impact of vitamin A supplementation delivered with oral polio vaccine as part of the immunization campaign in Orissa, India. Food and Nutrition Bulletin, 2003, Vol. 24, no. 4: 319-331.
- Goodman T, Dalmiya N, et al. Polio as a platform: using national immunization days to deliver vitamin A supplements. Bulletin of the World Health Organization, 2000, 78(3): 305–314.
- Ching P, Birmingham M, et al. Childhood mortality impact and costs of integrating vitamin A supplementation into immunization campaigns. American Journal of Public Health, 2000, 90(10): 1526–1529.
Vitamin A definiciency
Integrated Management of Childhood Illness (IMCI)
Micronutrients: Iodine, Iron and Vitamin A
- The Micronutrient Initiative
- Vitamin Angels
- Helen Keller Worldwide
- Basic Support for Institutionalizing Child Survival (BASICS)
- MOST Project
- Micronutrient Forum
- A2Z - The USAID Micronutrient and Child Blindness Project
- Global Alliance for Improved Nutrition (GAIN)