Immunization Practices Advisory Committee (IPAC)
What is IPAC?
The Immunization Practices Advisory Committee (IPAC), established in 2010, supports and advises the Director of the Department of Immunization, Vaccines and Biologicals (IVB), with the review and/or formulation of immunization practices, operational standards, tools and technologies to strengthen and improve the delivery of immunization programmes at the country level in order to realize the goals of Global Immunization Vision and Strategies (GIVS) and Global Vaccine Action Plan (GVAP).
Countries will benefit from the development of innovative strategies and guidelines to address challenges and barriers to immunization access and service delivery.
The role of the IPAC is to provide advice and recommendations to the Director IVB, on three main interconnected areas:
- Innovation and Strategy
- Tools and technologies
IPAC has no executive, regulatory or decision-making function.
With the knowledge and skills that are contained in this group, IPAC plays a dynamic and important role in advising and supporting WHO/IVB in strengthening and improving immunization programmes at country level.
- Chair: Chris MORGAN – Principal (Immunization, Vaccines and Immunity), Centre for International Health, Burnet Institute, Melbourne, Australia
- Kwadwo-Odei ANTWI-AGYEI – EPI Manager, Disease Control and Prevention Dept, Natl Health Service, Ghana
- David BROWN - Director and Senior Technical Advisor, Brown Consulting Group International, Charlotte, North Carolina, USA
- Craig BURGESS - Senior Technical Officer, John Snow Inc, Virginia, USA
- Nora DELLEPIANE - Private Consultant, Switzerland
- Michael FREE - Senior Advisor Emeritus, PATH, Washington, USA
- Francois GASSE – Private Consultant, France
- Ian GEMMILL - Private Consultant, Canada
- Masahiko HACHIYA – Director, Division of Global Health Policy and Research, National Center for Global Health and Medicine, Japan
- Kelly MOORE – Director, State Immunization Program, Tennessee Department of Health, Tennessee, USA
- Amani MUSTAFA - Public Health Training Project Manager, The Carter Center, Khartoum, Sudan
- Jean-Marc OLIVE – Private Consultant, France
- Adelaide SHEARLEY - Senior Immunization Technical Advisor, MCSP, Zimbabwe
- Carla VIZZOTTI – Private Consultant, Argentina
Five organizations have been requested to take part as observers during IPAC meetings. Observers take part in all aspects of IPAC, but will not have voting or recommending rights. These organizations will be represented by the following persons:
- UNICEF: Adama SAWADOGO, Cold Chain & Logistics Specialist
- CDC: Laura CONKLIN, Medical Officer
- PATH: Debbie KRISTENSEN – Group Leader, Vaccine Technologies
- IFPMA: Mary ALLIN - Senior Director/Global Regulatory Lead, Pfizer
- DCVMN: Reinaldo DE MENEZES MARTINS – Scientific Consultant, Fundação Oswaldo Cruz, Bio Manguinhos
For more information on IPAC, please contact:
World Health Organization (WHO)
Department of Immunization, Vaccines and Biologicals (IVB)
20 Avenue Appia
CH-1211 Geneva 27