Tracking the New Vaccine Pipeline
WHO publishes here a list of candidate vaccines in development for a list of seven pathogen areas: HIV, malaria, tuberculosis, Respiratory Syncytial Virus (RSV), Enterotoxigenic E. Coli (ETEC), Shigella and Norovirus. These diseases were chosen somewhat empirically and it is anticipated that the list will be expanded in future. An update will occur every 6 months or more often.
This work has been undertaken within the framework of the WHO Product Development for Vaccines Advisory Committee.
WHO gratefully acknowledges the following groups as sources for the data provided:
- HIV Vaccine Trials Network
- The US Military’s HIV Research Program (MHRP)
- The International AIDS Vaccine Initiative (IAVI)
- European & Developing Countries Clinical Trials Partnership
- European Vaccine Initiative
- PATH Malaria Vaccine Initiative
RSV – PATH
ETEC, Shigella & Norovirus
- WHO’s Position on Universal Prospective Clinical Trial Registration
- WHO’s Position on Public Disclosure of Results from Clinical Trials
- Journal article explaining rationale for WHO Position on Results Disclosure
For comments/queries on the table please contact Johan Vekemans on email@example.com
A more detailed table on malaria vaccine projects globally is available here:
The contents of these tables do not represent the position or policy of the World Health Organization, which cannot be held responsible for any inaccuracies or omissions.