Meeting of the product development group for the measles aerosol vaccine project
23-24 August 2012, London, UK
The 11th meeting of the product development group for the measles aerosol vaccine project was held in London, UK with the following specific objectives:
- to review the merits of the trial in terms of design, methods, compliance with good clinical practices (GCP);
- to offer an interpretation of the results (efficacy and safety);
- to review the additional data on acceptability, cost and cost effectiveness, and
- to recommend additional analysis, if appropriate.
The meeting sought to have the following expected outcomes:
- to issue an overall recommendation to WHO regarding the findings of this project in the context of the Global Measles and Rubella control efforts; and
- to outline additional research questions as appropriate.