Call for nominations for new WHO Vaccines-related Committee “Research for Product Development Advisory Committee” RPD-AC
RPD-AC will be asked to advise WHO Department of Immunization, Vaccines & Biologicals related to the following functions, focusing on products/research of potential public health relevance to low and middle income countries:
- “scanning the horizon” to identify new diseases where there is sufficient priority for WHO to initiate activities to stimulate vaccine development;
- initiating consensus building for roadmap development;
- improving comparability of vaccine trial endpoints for vaccine policy decision making;
- prioritizing and monitoring development of preferred product characteristics to inform target product profiles in use by vaccine manufacturers and funding agencies;
- reviewing other WHO products, including methods, protocols, tools and approaches for accelerating product development and improving programmatic suitability;
- stimulating research by partners in line with WHO priorities, and
- advising WHO on ways to improve public access to information about products in development.
- Expertise in epidemiology preferably covering a wide range of vaccine-preventable diseases in low and middle income countries:
- Expertise in pre-clinical and clinical (pre-licensure) immunogenicity, efficacy and safety of vaccines including those against influenza, human immunodeficiency virus, tuberculosis, malaria, flaviviruses, respiratory syncytial virus, group A & B streptococcal disease, enteric disease such as norovirus, non-typhi salmonella, shigella and E. coli. Expertise related to available vaccines such as pneumococcal, rotavirus, HPV vaccines and others is also helpful. Those with experience in these areas in low/middle income country settings are preferred.
- in vitro and in vivo model and assay
- vaccine safety clinical trials
- efficacy clinical trials
- Portfolio management expertise in experimental medicine/translational research and product development areas across a variety of diseases preferably with extensive experience in industry (current industry employment is an exclusion to appointment as a WHO advisor).
- National regulatory agency representatives with extensive experience in vaccine clinical trials application review and review of regulatory dossiers for possible licensure for diseases of relevance to low and middle-income countries.
Terms of reference: Research for product development advisory committee
Declaration of interests form
Proposals for nominations should be sent by email to email@example.com Curriculum Vitae, indication of expertise and a completed declaration of interest form no later than 16th January 2014.