Status of Immunization Multi-year Strategic Planning
In line with the GIVS, the WHO and UNICEF Joint Reporting Form (JRF) mechanism has been collecting data on immunization planning and management as part of a set of immunization indicators designed to measure system performance and trends in WHO Member States.
A subset of the immunization planning and management indicators available through the JRF mechanism are the following:
- Does the country have a multi-year plan (MYP) for immunization? (Yes-No)
- What years does the MYP cover? (Years)
- Is MYP costing included? (Yes-No)
- Is the MYP for immunization integrated into the broader health sector plan? (Yes-No)
- Was there an annual work plan for immunization services? (Yes-No)
- If yes, was costing included (Yes-No)
Updated figures and tables are available below based on the data reported in 2009 for the year 2008.
Table 1 - Number and percentage of countries with a multi-year plan for immunization and with a costing and financing component - 2008
Last updated: January 2010