How we are organized
The DCVRN is composed of a Chairperson, a Vice-Chair, the Secretariat and the Heads of Delegation of each member country.
- presiding every meeting of the DCVRN and ensuring that all interests are heard and kept to the point;
- leading discussions and encouraging communication among HOD to formulate a work plan for the DCVRN; and
- ensuring the regulatory and scientific consistency of DCVRN reports and considerations before submission to WHO through secretariat.
The Vice-Chair assists the Chairperson in executing his/her functions and assume the Chairperson functions during his/her absence.
The Head of Delegation of a member country is a senior staff of the NRA involved in the regulatory oversight during clinical development of vaccines, including evaluation of clinical trial applications and/or, inspection of clinical trials and/or evaluation of clinical data for registration. His/Her functions include:
- representing the NRA during meetings;
- advocating for DCVRN sustainability within the NRA and securing the needed funds to attend meetings and other relevant activities such participating in working groups;
- identifying and proposing relevant topics for consideration at plenary meetings based on the country's needs and interests;
- reporting to the DCVRN on action steps taken and progress made in improving capacity of the NRA with respect to policies and procedures, and reporting to the NRA of any opportunities to gain support from the DCVRN members.
WHO acts as the Secretariat and its role includes:
- promoting the network and conducting advocacy activities to raise funds for the DCVRN activities, in addition to the contribution from NRAs of member countries, coordinating and organizing DCVRN meetings, working groups and other joint activities agreed upon by the HODs;
- communicating to the network any request for technical assistance from member and non-member countries and facilitating the delivery of such technical support;
- receiving expressions of interest from potential members, and coordinating with the Chair and/or Vice-chair in approaching and assessing the suitability of new potential members and
- assisting DCVRN in developing a plan to ensure the sustainability of the Network