Sanofi Pasteur - Industry
Since 2002, Sanofi pasteur has sponsored EPIVAC, an inter-university diploma course, implemented by the AMP (Agence de médecine préventive), in "Organization and Management of Public Immunization Programs in Developing Countries", a program developed in partnership with the national governments of the eligible countries, the universities of Cocody-Abidjan (Cote d'Ivoire) and Paris-Dauphine (France), and in collaboration with WHO, UNICEF, the former Vaccine Fund and other partners working in Africa. EPIVAC is a comprehensive, one year, on-the-job training program in epidemiology, applied computing, vaccinology, and management of health programs. The program is open to district medical health officers in francophone West African Countries.
The program aims to:
- improve the performance of immunization programs in francophone GAVI-eligible countries in West Africa;
- strengthen the technical and managerial expertise of immunization program managers and improve professional practices;
- create capable personnel to train a total of over 6500 other immunization professionals a year in developing country vaccination programs
- equip vaccination program managers to reform the health systems in their countries
- stem brain drain in African public health.