SAVE LIVES: Clean Your Hands
SAVE LIVES: Clean Your Hands 5 May 2018 It’s in your hands – prevent sepsis in health care
Our calls to action are:
- Health workers: “Take 5 Moments to clean your hands to prevent sepsis in health care."
- IPC leaders: “Be a champion in promoting hand hygiene to prevent sepsis in health care.”
- Health facility leaders: "Prevent sepsis in health care, make hand hygiene a quality indicator in your hospital.”
- Ministries of health: "Implement the 2017 WHA sepsis resolution. Make hand hygiene a national marker of health care quality."
- Patient advocacy groups: "Ask for 5 Moments of clean hands to prevent sepsis in health care."
- Read more about 5 May 2018 here
- Read more about improving the prevention, diagnosis and clinical management of sepsis
Each year the SAVE LIVES: Clean Your Hands campaign aims to progress the goal of maintaining a global profile on the importance of hand hygiene in health care and to ‘bring people together’ in support of hand hygiene improvement globally.