WHO guidelines for global surveillance of influenza A/H5
6 February 2004
- Rationale and objectives
- Tools to assist in the implementation of surveillance of influenza A/H5 viral infection
- Monitoring the global occurrence of influenza A/H5 viral infection in humans.
- Identifying and characterizing any emergent influenza strain so as to inform control strategies.
- Monitoring changes in transmission patterns and detecting potential human-to-human transmission of influenza A/H5 viruses.
- Monitoring of unusual morbidity and mortality due to acute respiratory illness
- Monitoring the global activity of influenza A/H5 viruses in animal populations
- Annex 1. Case definitions used in Viet Nam
- Annex 2. Template for daily country summary
- Annex 3. Template for line-listing
- Annex 4. Data dictionary for line-listing
- Annex 5. Template for case report form
- Annex 6. WHO reference laboratories for diagnosis of influenza A/H5 infection
- Annex 7. Contact details for reporting to WHO