Fourth meeting of the Advisory Group
6 May 2010, Nha Trang, Viet Nam
The fourth meeting of the GAP AG was held in closed session on 6 May 2010 immediately following the meeting organized by WHO with international partners on prospects for influenza vaccine technology transfer to developing countries (May 5-6, 2010), in Nha Trang, Viet Nam.
The purpose of this meeting was to update the AG on progress made since the 2007 meeting, to report on the action taken by the WHO secretariat following the previous year recommendations, and to seek guidance on future priority activities.
The agenda of the fourth meeting included:
- summary of progress on recommendations since the second meeting and teleconference of the GAP-AG meeting held in November 2008 and May 2009, respectively
- discussion of the 2010 estimate of global influenza vaccine production capacity. How much more capacity is needed for pandemic preparedness?
- plans to update the WHA56.19 resolution
- drafting of 2010 GAP-AG recommendations
- The report of the Fourth meeting of the Advisory Group (AG): Global Action Plan (GAP) to increase supply of pandemic influenza vaccines
- The report of the third meeting with international partners on influenza vaccine production technology transfer to developing countries. 5-6 May 2010. Nha Trang, Viet Nam