SIGN Meeting 2004
The annual SIGN meeting 2004 will be held on 20-22 October 2004
The local partner for the meeting will the Human Sciences Research Council (HSRC), Social Aspects of HIV AIDS. The objectives of the Meeting include:
- Updated strategic agenda for the SIGN network;
- Recommendations for the continuation of the African injection safety pilot projects;
- Plan of action for the second year of the WHO needle-stick prevention projects;
- New information on the proportion of HIV infection that may be attributable to unsafe health care practices in Africa.
The expected outcomes:
- Exchange information regarding global progress towards the safe and appropriate use of injections worldwide;
- Review progress of the various injection safety demonstration projects in Africa;
- Review progress of the three WHO needle-stick prevention projects;
- Review progress in infection control activities in Africa.
Persons who would wish to participate may send an email to the SIGN secretariat at Email: email@example.com