About the WHO Chemical Risk Assessment Network
To support global efforts to assess and manage the risks associated with exposures to hazardous chemicals, the WHO Chemical Risk Assessment Network, a network of institutions involved with chemical risk assessment activities, was established in 2013.
- Provide a forum for scientific and technical exchange;
- Facilitate and contribute to capacity building;
- Promote best practices and the harmonization of methodologies;
- Assist in the identification of research needs and promote the application of new science in risk assessment practice;
- Assist in the identification of emerging risks to human health from chemicals;
- Share information about work programmes to avoid duplication of effort; and
- Upon request, assist WHO in the development of training and other materials in support of the above.