Six steps of Urban HEART
STEP 2: Deﬁne your local indicator set and benchmarks
- A health equity indicator set will enable the team to effectively and efﬁciently collect information on the major health equity issues facing your city.
- Adopt the Urban HEART core indicators. These have been vetted as valid and reliable health equity indicators. You can also select other indicators to address special issues in your city. Make these choices in consultation with stakeholders.
- Identify the best disaggregation variables to assess inequities.
- Determine benchmarks and targets for evaluating performance on the indicators.
- Find a data source for each indicator. You will need data from a range of policy sectors.