The WHO Kobe Centre, along with the G7 Kobe Health Ministers' Meeting Promotion Committee and the Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare, Japan held an open, public Forum “Fight against Communicable Diseases -Thinking about Global Health Governance @ Kobe & Hyogo,” on 24 February 2016, from 18:00 to 19:30 at the Kobe International Conference Center.
About 250 people attended the Forum with participants from the Kobe City Diet, Kobe City, Hyogo Prefectural and other municipal governments, health professional and associations, students, and the public at large. Four speakers from the WHO Kobe Centre, Sierra Leone, and from WHO Geneva made presentations.
- WKC Forum: Creating resilient society and community for ageing populations in disaster situations
- WKC Forum: Innovation for Ageing Populations – Enhancing adherence: medication and nutrition
- WKC Forum: Innovation for Ageing Populations – Addressing the challenges of frailty and disability –
WKC Forum: Innovation for Healthy Ageing
– Examples of current trends in research –
Suicide Prevention and Community Support
- WKC Forum “Control your blood pressure: for your healthy life” in commemoration of the World Health Day
World Health Day 2013
International Health Emergencies
"Stop tobacco industry interference"
– WHO Kobe Centre marked World No Tobacco Day with an open forum
World No Tobacco Day 2012
– Stop tobacco industry interference
World Health Day 2012 – Ageing and Health
- WKC Forum on Kaigo yobo interventions: the state of the art and future challenges in Japan
- Living a culture of disaster resilience at all levels
- The challenge to protect the health of 1.6 billion people
Depression nearly tripled in Japan over last decade
Japan the oldest society in history: forum
Smoke-free champion shares story on 50% reduction of street smoking in Shizuoka