WHO Historical Collection
This collection covers:
- Preparatory conferences leading to the foundation of WHO
- Official records of the organization
- International Sanitary Conventions (since 1851)
- Official records, reports, statistics and journals published by the Office International d'Hygiène Publique (OIHP), the Health Organization of the League of Nations, the UNWRA (and more)
- Disease classifications and nomenclature documents
- League of Nations malaria documents
- Rare books on plague, smallpox and epidemiology
Who can use the collection?
The Historical Collection is open to WHO staff members and visiting scholars who are engaged in serious research and whose work depends on materials contained in the Collection. Researchers must register by filling out a registration form. Photographic identification for visiting scholars is required for initial registration.