- Fifty-sixth World Health Assembly: Geneva, Switzerland, 19-28 May 2003
- Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific, 59th Commission Session: Bangkok, Thailand, 24-30 April 2003. The theme topic of the session is "Integrating economic and social concerns especially HIV/AIDS, in meeting the needs of the region". http://www.unescap.org/59/index.htm
- OECD Forum 2003: Paris, France, 28-29 April 2003. Including the topic "Poverty, health and sustainable development" and a session on sustainable development and the Johannesburg Plan of Implementation. http://www1.oecd.org/forum2003/
- Global Health Council, "Our Future on Common Ground: Health and the Environment": Washington, DC, 27-30 May 2003. Including topics on globalization and development, social environment and health, demographics, economy, governance cultural patterns, social networks and community organizations. http://www.globalhealth.org/view_top.php3?id=177
- G8 Summit: Evian, France, 2-6 June 2003. Including a theme on solidarity, with particular emphasis on the Partnership for Africa's development, and access to water for all. http://www.g8.fr/evian/english/home.html
The MacroHealth Newsletter is issued regularly by e-mail to partners and associates as an update on MacroHealth activities. Subscribers are invited to submit their views or synopsis of activities on macroeconomics and health -- 100 to 150 words in length -- for possible inclusion in the Newsletter. This will help ensure that this electronic Newsletter remains a forum for sharing ideas, information and news on MacroHealth actions at the country level.
For any comments, information or requests, please contact:
Agnès Leotsakos, Communications and Advocacy, CMH Support, World Health Organization, 20 Avenue Appia, CH-1211 Geneva 27, Switzerland. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you would like to subscribe to the MacroHealth Newsletter please send your details to Zarita Khamkhoeva: email@example.com. Please forward this newsletter to any user who would benefit from the information contained. Visit the CMH web site at: http://www.cmhealth.org/ and http://www.who.int/cmhreport
©World Health Organization, 2003. All rights reserved.