No. 6 October 2003
- UNESCAP Health and Development Inception Workshop: Bangkok, Thailand, 17 – 18 November 2003. The workshop will review linkages between health and development and discuss outcomes of the Global Consultation on “Increasing Investments in Health Outcomes for the Poor”.
- Seventh International Congress on AIDS in Asia and the Pacific: Kobe, Japan, 27 November – 1 December 2003. Will examine how to ensure that affected communities have access to and can participate in the development of HIV/AIDS prevention, treatment, and care strategies. For more information, please visit: http://www.icaap7.jp.
- World AIDS Day: 1 December 2003. For more information, please visit http://www.worldaidsday.org
- Annual meeting of the Global Forum for Health Research: Geneva, Switzerland, 2 – 5 December 2003. For more information, please visit: http://www.globalforumhealth.org/pages/index.asp
- First Global African Youth Assembly: Freetown, Sierra Leone, 22 December 2003 – 3 January 2004. Youths and young adults will come together under the theme: “Building a Moral and Spiritual Frontier Through Technological Advancement and Economic Empowerment.” For more information please contact: African2000@writeme.com.
- Reaching the Poor with Effective Health, Nutrition and Population Services: What Works, What Doesn’t, and Why: Washington, DC, US, 18 – 20 February 2004. Will provide an opportunity to identify and assess program and policy approaches for reaching disadvantaged groups with effective health, nutrition, and population services. For more information please visit: http://www.worldbank.org/wbi/healthandpopulation/Brochure/main.htm.
The MacroHealth Newsletter is issued regularly by e-mail to partners and associates. Subscribers are invited to submit their views or synopsis of activities on macroeconomics and health -- 100 to 150 words in length -- for possible inclusion in the Newsletter. This will help ensure that this electronic Newsletter remains a forum for sharing ideas, information and news on macroeconomics and health actions at the country level.
For comments, information or requests, please contact: Agnès Leotsakos, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
MH Newsletter Editor: Valerie Crowell,E-mail: email@example.comCMH Executive Secretary: Sergio Spinaci, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you would like to subscribe to the MacroHealth Newsletter please send your details to Zarita Khamkhoeva: email@example.com Please forward this newsletter to any user who would benefit from the information contained. Visit the Macroeconomics and Health web site at: http://www.who.int/macrohealth/
© World Health Organization, 2003. All rights reserved.