2014 Partnership for Maternal, Newborn & Child Health Forum
Where Johannesburg, South Africa
When 30 June - 1 July 2014
The 2014 Forum will be a key event, part of a larger strategic process aimed at bringing together key stakeholders in women's and children's health as well as other sectors. It will be an important opportunity to establish a strategic vision and to align partners across health and all sectors to ensure that women, adolescents, children and newborn wellbeing, equity and accountability are at the heart of the Post-2015 development agenda.
The Forum is co-hosted by Government of South Africa, PMNCH, Countdown to 2015, A Promise Renewed, and the independent Expert Review Group.
The Partners’ Forum will include the launch of four landmark reports:
- Every Newborn Action Plan provides a roadmap and joint platform for reducing preventable newborn deaths and stillbirths.
- Success Factors for Women’s and Children’s Health Report spotlights 10 countries making considerable progress improving maternal and child health, and offering a model for high-need countries.
- Countdown to 2015 Report for 2014 assesses maternal and child health intervention, coverage, equity in coverage, and the policy, health systems, and financial factors that affect whether every woman and child receives proven interventions that can save their lives.
- State of the World’s Midwifery 2014 (Africa focused launch) highlights progress and challenges that 41 Sub-Saharan countries have seen since 2011 in delivering life-saving midwifery services.
- Develop a strategic vision for the RMNCH community for the Post-2015 era.
- Take stock and learn lessons from the MDG achievements to date to inform the future, and guide investment and action.
- Strengthen implementation of existing commitments and promote greater accountability to enable women and children to realise their right to the highest attainable standard of health in the years to 2015 and beyond.