122nd WHO Executive Board session
Date: 21-26 January 2008
Location: Geneva, Switzerland
The WHO Executive Board's 122nd session took place in Geneva from 21 to 26 January 2008.
Among the issues on the agenda were:
- climate change and health;
- pandemic influenza preparedness;
- mechanism for management of potential risks to polio eradication;
- implementation of the International Health Regulations;
- prevention and control of noncommunicable diseases;
- global immunization strategy; and
- international migration of health personnel.
The Executive Board is composed of 34 members technically qualified in the field of health. Members are elected for three-year terms.
El Niño affects more than 60 million people
Looking, hopefully, towards an Ebola-free future
To X-ray or not to X-ray?
Austria: Measles in the spotlight
WHO Director-General visits Angola; urgent action needed to contain yellow fever outbreak