Sixty-second World Health Assembly
Date: 18-22 May 2009
Location: Geneva, Switzerland
The 62nd session of the World Health Assembly took place in Geneva during 18-22 May 2009. At this session, the Health Assembly discussed a number of public health issues, including:
- pandemic influenza preparedness: sharing of influenza viruses and access to vaccines and other benefits;
- implementation of the International Health Regulations;
- primary health care, including health system strengthening;
- social determinants of health; and
- monitoring the achievement of the health-related Millennium Development Goals.
The Health Assembly also discussed the programme budget, administration and management matters of WHO.
El Niño affects more than 60 million people
Looking, hopefully, towards an Ebola-free future
To X-ray or not to X-ray?
Austria: Measles in the spotlight
WHO Director-General visits Angola; urgent action needed to contain yellow fever outbreak