Sixty-second World Health Assembly
Date: 18-22 May 2009
Location: Geneva, Switzerland
The 62nd session of the World Health Assembly took place in Geneva during 18-22 May 2009. At this session, the Health Assembly discussed a number of public health issues, including:
- pandemic influenza preparedness: sharing of influenza viruses and access to vaccines and other benefits;
- implementation of the International Health Regulations;
- primary health care, including health system strengthening;
- social determinants of health; and
- monitoring the achievement of the health-related Millennium Development Goals.
The Health Assembly also discussed the programme budget, administration and management matters of WHO.
Building latrines and keeping water clean decreases diarrhoea and under-nutrition in Mali
Bangladesh “climate-proofs” to protect health
Ebola: Then and Now - Ian Norton
Ebola: Then and Now - Chris Dye
Clinics in Thailand target antibiotic-resistant gonorrhoea
What WHO does
How to stop antibiotic resistance? Here's a WHO prescription
World Prematurity Day
"Gone to the temple"
The cost of war