Sixty-second World Health Assembly
Date: 18-22 May 2009
Location: Geneva, Switzerland
The 62nd session of the World Health Assembly took place in Geneva during 18-22 May 2009. At this session, the Health Assembly discussed a number of public health issues, including:
- pandemic influenza preparedness: sharing of influenza viruses and access to vaccines and other benefits;
- implementation of the International Health Regulations;
- primary health care, including health system strengthening;
- social determinants of health; and
- monitoring the achievement of the health-related Millennium Development Goals.
The Health Assembly also discussed the programme budget, administration and management matters of WHO.
Putting household water treatment products to the test
Essential medicines give lifeline to people living with cancer
Disease early warning, alert and response in emergencies
Namibia: Maternity waiting homes protect newborns and mothers
Ebola Then and Now - Dan Bausch