126th WHO Executive Board session
Date: 18–23 January 2010
Location: Geneva, Switzerland
The WHO Executive Board's 126th session took place in Geneva from 18 to 23 January 2010.
Among the issues on the agenda were:
- pandemic influenza;
- global eradication of measles;
- prevention and control of noncommunicable diseases;
- strategies to reduce the harmful use of alcohol;
- draft global code of practice on the international recruitment of health personnel; and
- proposed revision of WHO guidance on psychoactive substances for international control.
The Executive Board is composed of 34 members technically qualified in the field of health. Members are elected for three-year terms.
Ebola virus disease: Situation assessment
Unprecedented number of medical staff infected with Ebola
Why the Ebola outbreak has been underestimated
Anecdotal evidence about experimental Ebola therapies