WHO Prequalification of Medicines 3rd Meeting with Manufacturers
Place: Copenhagen, Denmark
Date: 24–26 September 2012
The 3rd meeting with manufacturers of the WHO Prequalification of Medicines Programme (PQP) will be combined with UNICEF’s 2012 pharmaceutical supplier meeting. This joint event will provide a forum at which pharmaceutical manufacturers, medicines quality, safety and efficacy experts, medicines procurement agencies and international donors working in public health can come together to focus on production and supply of quality essential medicines.
Six sessions are planned, covering:
- projected demand and markets for quality essential medicines;
- UNICEF priorities for essential medicines for women and children;
- review of UNICEF procurement operations and requirements;
- an accelerated procedure for registration of WHO-prequalified medicines;
- updates on WHO medicines prequalification procedures and guidelines; and
- critical and major observations from WHO inspections of medicines manufacturing sites and contract research organizations.