WHO Mental Health Gap Action Programme (mhGAP) Forum
Date: 4–5 September 2014
Place: WHO Headquarters, Geneva, Switzerland
The mhGAP Forum is WHO’s annual partnership event on mental health.
WHO’s first global report on suicide prevention will be launched at this year’s event. The report includes information on:
- what is known about suicide across the world;
- groups at risk of suicide;
- what can be done at both societal and individual level to reduce the number of deaths from suicide.
Sessions at the Forum will also include:
- effective communication on mental health issues;
- implementation of WHO’s Comprehensive Mental Health Action Plan 2013-2020 through partnerships.
The mhGAP Forum is an informal group consisting of Member States, intergovernmental and nongovernmental organizations, including UN agencies, international development agencies, philanthropic foundations, research institutes, universities and WHO Collaborating Centres, for coordinated action in the implementation of mhGAP - WHO’s Programme to scale up care for mental, neurological and substance use disorders.