Working with Regions and Countries
The MPC team works every day with WHO Regional and Country Offices in order to provide and coordinate tailor-made technical support to member countries. MPC makes WHO resources and expertise available for:
- Sharing policy and technical advice;
- Advocating for and building capacity on medicines issues;
- Encouraging appropriate research and development;
- Promoting partnerships and coordination of the many parties working to improve access to medicines;
- Monitoring and assessing country pharmaceutical situations and medicines policies; and
- Regular monitoring of the impact of WHO work in medicines.
WHO provides intensified support to selected countries through Medicines Advisers located in WHO Country Offices. Our work here at MPC is to liaise with and provide support to this unique network of highly trained professionals spread around the globe.