Phase 2 Activities
- Access to and availability of medicines; for example the selection, procurement, supply system efficiency and ensuring value for money.
- Cost of medicines to consumers involving inter alia pricing policy options including the regulation of mark‐ups and therapeutic value for money.
- Quality of medicines, involving quality standardization and registration,
- Quality assured procurement practice and importation procedures.
- Rational use of medicines by prescribers and users.
Key successes in the Pilot Phase
- The first forum in Zambia to bring all stakeholders in medicines together
- Outreach programme for rural districts to raise awareness of medicine rights
- Radio and TV programmes to raise awareness
- Engaged in parliamentary debate on availability, accessibility, quality and pricing of medicines
- MeTA Zambia participated in the National Medicines Review Process
WHO survey results and related reports
- Pharmaceutical sector country profile
- Measuring Transparency to Improve Good Governance in the Public Pharmaceutical Sector - Zambia