Activities in the Western Pacific Regionj
Located in Manila, the medicines team in the WHO Regional Office for the Western Pacific:
- Oversees country operations
- Contributes to WHO strategic planning in medicines
- Plans, coordinates, implements and monitors WHO activities related to medicines
- Provides technical, policy and management support
- Facilitates human resources development and training
- Promotes partnerships and collaborations
For information on the work of the WHO Regional Office for the Western Pacific and regional activities in medicines, see:
WHO provides intensified support to selected countries through Medicines Advisors located in WHO Country Offices.
In the WHO Western Pacific region, there is one Medicines Advisor located in the WHO Country Office in The Lao People’s Democratic Republic.