The International Pharmacopoeia (Ph. Int.): Other medicines (that is, these that are not covered on a separate page)
Proposals for inclusion
- Morphine oral solution
Large volume parenterals
- Glucose intravenous infusion
- Sodium chloride intravenous infusion
- Sodium chloride and glucose intravenous infusion
Dosage forms for antiepilectics
- Carbamazepine oral liquid
- Chewable carbamazepine tablets
- Phenobarbital oral liquid
- Phenytoin oral liquid
- Chewable phenytoin tablets
- Valproic acid oral liquid
- Crushable valproic acid tablets
International Chemical Reference Substances (ICRS)
The International Chemical Reference Substances (ICRS) required to support the monograph specifications in The International Pharmacopoeia are established on the advice of the WHO Expert Committee on Specifications for Pharmaceutical Preparations by the WHO Collaborating Centre for Chemical Reference Substances. Information about the ICRS is available from the centre.
The monographs listed here have been adopted by the Expert Committee on Specifications for Pharmaceutical Preparations for addition to the forthcoming issue of the International Pharmacopoeia.
Sodium bicarbonate intravenous infusion
Paracetamol oral solution
Paracetamol oral suspension
Retinol concentrate - oily form
Retinol oral solution
Monographs for a wide range of pharmaceutical substances and dosage forms are published in the Fourth Edition of The International Pharmacopoeia.