Initiative on the Impact of Pesticides on Health: Preventing intentional and unintentional deaths from pesticide poisoning
- Review and recommend improved pesticide policies.
- Implement sustainable epidemiological surveillance and monitoring of pesticide poisoning in clinical settings and communities.
- Develop or strengthen community programmes that minimize risks of intentional and unintentional pesticide poisoning.
- Improve the medical management and mental health care of people with pesticide poisoning in health care facilities at different levels.
- Provide training at different sectors and levels.
Overall, reduce morbidity and mortality related to pesticide poisoning.
Safer Access to Pesticides: Community Interventions
Prevention of Suicidal Behaviours: Feasibility Demonstration Projects on Community Interventions for Safer Access to Pesticides