20 May 2013 -- WHO developed a global monitoring framework to enable global tracking of progress in preventing and controlling major noncommunicable diseases - cardiovascular disease, cancer, chronic lung diseases and diabetes - and their key risk factors. The framework comprises nine global targets and 25 indicators and will be up for adoption by Member States during the World Health Assembly in May 2013.
Development of a Global Mental Health Action Plan 2013-2020
1 February 2013 -- In response to guidance provided by the WHO Executive Board, the WHO Secretariat is conducting a web-based consultation on a draft comprehensive mental health action plan 2013-2020. Member States are invited to submit their comments by 28 February 2013.
29 March 2013 -- In response to guidance provided by Member States during four rounds of consultation on the development of a global action plan for NCDs, the Secretariat has prepared a final draft action plan for consideration by Member States at the Sixty-Sixth World Health Assembly.
Meetings of UN organizations on the implementation of the UN Political Declaration on NCDs
- First meeting of UN Agencies
- Second meeting of UN Agencies
- Third meeting of UN Agencies
- Fourth meeting of UN Agencies
- Fifth Meeting of UN Agencies
- ITU/WHO Joint Programme on mHealth and NCDs
- UNDP/WHO: Integrating NCDs into UNDAFs
- IAEA/WHO Joint Programme on Cancer Control
- UNAIDS/WHO Letter of Agreement