Set of action plan indicators for the WHO Global NCD Action Plan 2013-2020
In consultation with Member States and other relevant partners, the WHO Secretariat plans to develop a limited set of action plan indicators to inform reporting on progress of implementation of the WHO Global NCD Action Plan 2013-2020. A web-based consultation on a zero-draft limited set of action plan indicators is envisaged to start towards the middle of August 2013.
Paragraph 3.4. of resolution WHA66.10 requests WHO to:
- Develop, in consultation with Member States and other relevant partners, a limited set of action plan indicators to inform reporting on progress, which build on the work under way at regional and country levels, are based on feasibility, current availability of data, best available knowledge and evidence, are capable of application across the six objectives of the action plan, and minimize the reporting burden on Member States to assess progress made in 2016, 2018 and 2021 in the implementation of policy options for Member States, recommended actions for international partners, and actions for the Secretariat included in the action plan, and to submit the draft set of action plan indicators, through the Executive Board, to the Sixty-seventh World Health Assembly for approval.
The consultative process is as follows:
- 12 August 2013 – WHO Secretariat will publish a WHO Discussion Paper at www.who.int/ncd (including a “zero draft” set of action plan indicators) for a web-based consultation until 22 October 2013
- 23-24 October 2013 – Consultation with Member States (WHO Executive Board Room) to complete the work on a draft limited set of action plan indicators
- 20-25 January 2014 – EB134 may consider a report of the Consultation
- 19-24 May 2014 – WHA67 may consider a report of the Consultation