World Cancer Day
Date: 4 February 2015
World Cancer Day, organized by the Union for International Cancer Control, is an opportunity to highlight the wide range of actions needed to effectively prevent, treat and control the many forms of cancer.
The day, the theme of which in 2015 is "Not beyond us", offers WHO an opportunity to demonstrate the Organization’s policies and programmes for countries to reduce their cancer burden. The Global action plan for the prevention and control of NCDs 2013-2020 offers the overall framework for country action.
The Global action plan calls for national, international and multisectoral action across multiple areas to reduce cancer risks in populations, and to strengthen health care delivery systems for people with cancer. Environmental and infectious causes are important for cancer prevention so that WHO’s guidance in those areas is part of the comprehensive approach.
- World Cancer Day
- Global Action Plan for the Prevention and Control of NCDs 2013-2020
- Noncommunicable diseases
- WHO International Agency for Research on Cancer
- Prevention and control of cervical cancer
- Human papillomavirus (HPV) and cervical cancer
- Environmental and occupational cancers