- Measuring change in nutritional status. Geneva: World Health Organization, 1983.
- Toole MJ, Malkki RM. Famine-affected refugee and displaced populations: Recommendations for public health issues. Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report 1992;41:1-25.
- Victora CG. The association between wasting and stunting: an international perspective. Journal of Nutrition 1992;122:1105-1110.
- de Onis M, Monteiro C, Akré J, Clugston G. The worldwide magnitude of protein-energy malnutrition: an overview from the WHO Global Database on child growth. Bulletin of the World Health Organization 1993;71:703-712.
- Physical status: the use and interpretation of anthropometry. Report of a WHO Expert Committee. WHO Technical Report Series No. 854. Geneva: World Health Organization, 1995.
- de Onis M, Yip R. The WHO growth chart: historical considerations and current scientific issues. Bibliotheca Nutritio et Dieta 1996;53:74-89.
- Waterlow JC, Buzina R, Keller W, Lane JM, Nichaman MZ, Tanner JM. The presentation and use of height and weight data for comparing nutritional status of groups of children under the age of 10 years. Bulletin of the World Health Organization 1977;55:489-98.
- Habicht JP, Martorell R, Yarbrough C, Malina RM, Klein RE. Height and weight standards for preschool children; how relevant are ethnic differences in growth potential. Lancet 1974;1:611-615.
- Martorell R. Child growth retardation: a discussion of its causes and its relationship to health. In: Blaxter KL, Waterlow JC, eds. Nutritional adaptation in man. London: John Libbey, 1985:13-30.
- de Onis M, Habicht JP. Anthropometric reference data for international use: recommendations from a World Health Organization Expert Committee. American Journal of Clinical Nutrition 1996;64:650-658.
- WHO Working group on infant growth. An evaluation of infant growth: the use and interpretation of anthropometry in infants. Bulletin of the World Health Organization 1995; 73:165-174.
- WHO Working group on infant growth. An evaluation of infant growth. Geneva: World Health Organization, 1994.