Name of Centre:
WHO Collaborating Centre for Nutrition and Health
Head of Centre:
Dr. Magdalena Araya
Dr. Daniel Lopéz de Romaña
Institution and address:
Instituto de Nutrición y Tecnología de los Alimentos (INTA)
Universidad de Chile
Avenida El Libano 5524 Macul, 11
+56 (2) 978 14 11 / 978 15 35
+56 (2) 221 40 30
Date of Designation:
4 May 1998
30 May 2012
30 May 2016
Terms of Reference:
- To continue promoting healthy eating habits & physical activity related to obesity & chronic diseases in the framework of health promotion.
- To continue activities of 5 a Day Program in Chile and promote successful experiences in the LA Region.
- To support monitoring and update of fortification programs & policies dealing with micronutrients relevant to vulnerable population groups.
- To work in the development and diffusion of locally-adapted protocols for Latin America of metabolic diseases related to mental disorders.
- Noncommunicable diseases other than those specifically mentioned
Types of activity:
- Collection, collation and dissemination of information
- Coordination of activities carried out by several institutions (e.g. other WHO collaborating centres)